When foods distract attention

Food Vs Attention
By Fazir Byekwaso
As always said energy is derived from eating “Gaava mukulya”, one could be right saying over consumption is the loss of alertness .This reminds me of the eating sessions that used to disrupt my attention in my secondary. Early in the morning, porridge could warm my cold belly but the boomerang effect could be felt in class after consuming some 3 litres, Seems a joke but those once in this context could know what am saying. In fact the early morning lectures could go un utilized instead nursing the negatives of troublesome food that sent almost the whole class in dozing business. Clocking to 7 sharp meant end of early morning prep and normal lessons could commence. In the  comfort of sleeping zone, it was hell for me to see teacher entering because I could try to strain my medulla in pretence of paying the maximum attention the class deserved but all in vain. To her surprise, Ms Joy caught me in act enjoying the slumber and in a dozing posture, a thing that attracted her to summon me before the class to give an explanation. Never walking alone, Joseph was also a head boy in the profession that as we were ordered to stand in front, he instead fall on the girl seated on front desk giving a memorable morning to classmate, this explain why I never liked to seat in front. For sure Joseph was brighter than me in my S1 but reaching S2, I bet morning porridge did great to evaporate him intelligence wise.
As if that was not enough posho and beans could also act a catalyst to absent us from paying attention the lessons required. At lunch time I and Jose would feast at the maximum that even taking a sigh could be so hard, looking at the gestures emphasized by the teacher could be the impossible act on planet earth at the time as I could feel the whole carbohydrates overwhelming me leaving me with no option except enjoying the sweet sleep on wooden chair.
It was after discovering these weak points on my life that I had to start feasting in moderate manner that I regain strength to give special attention to the teacher through out the lessons of the day. Being a student is a good experience of secondary life and if am strong enough I would begin an association to strongly advocate for changes in the school diet than tying ourselves on “natural suit” ,am meaning porridge, posho and beans .hahaha!! Indeed this should not be weekly items on dairies of students menu.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Secrets you didn’t know about Rema Namakula’s Father

Kasiano Wadri’s son narrates eye witness account

Eddy Kenzo shares his HIV status to disapprove critics

Read the exclusive speech of Barbie Kyagulanyi after meeting her hubby Bobi Wine

Zari's son Raphael Semwanga joins music industry

Ofwono Opondo’s daughter graduates in Poland