Meet the new Songstress Kvan on a one on one

Qn:  What are your names? 
Kvan: Kvan Khabuya

Qn.Stage name?
Kvan:  KVAN




Qn: How did you end up in the Music?
Kvan: While at 9,when ever anything would bother me,I'd lock myself away from everyone and write about exactly what had happened.At first I thought I was just a story writer but with time,i kept attaching sound to the words and drumming instruments around to its flow into music.It grew within me and that way I began composing.

Qn:Tell us about your educational background?
Kvan: I went to Victoria Nile School for my elementary,Loards Meade for my Ordinary level ,Buddo Secondary School for advanced level and currently at Kyambogo University.

Qn:Tell me something no one knows about you? 
Kvan: Am shy

Qn: How did you get into the industry?
Kvan: I kept on making music groups while at school and joining rap battles,and that way got friends that are musical n guided me into the industry.

Qn: What inspired you to get into the Industry?
Kvan: Music to me is emotion.Its such a beautiful way to express myself that I can't do physically since am not so outspoken a person.

Qn: What have been some of your best moments in the industry?
Kvan: Working with Daddy Skitz,one of Jay Z producers,Being part of the world's longest song in the world book of records and many others

Qn: What have been your worst moments in the industry?
Kvan: The fact that I have a unique voice and style, it was often hard for me when it came to studio because producers I met then(s3-s5) usually wanted me to sing like others and kept giving me examples of Julianna Kanyomozi,Magla,Bella,Keki and other vocalists and kept directing me into those directions that were so not me.Well not until the likes of Macka Diamond and Cynthia Morgan got quite popular in Uganda that I started getting attention.Actually the very worst of it was that I wasn't categorised at a rapper or a singer,so whenever artists that were specific on either would come to record,I'd be sidelined despite being found in the booth so that I could learn from them.

Qn: What else do you do?
Kvan:  I'm a student,an artist(painter),a song writer and producer.

Qn: What inspires you daily? 
Kvan: My Life experiences and those of people I see

Qn: What kind of music do you do? 
Kvan: I'm not particular,I do what I feel at that time.I guess that makes me a versatile artist,though most call me a dancehall artist.

 Qn: Where do you see yourself in the next 10 years?
Kvan: In the sky....since its the limit

Qn: If you had a chance to work with any artiste in the world who would it be?
Kvan: I'd wish to work with myself over and over again.

Qn: What else do you do apart from music?
Kvan: I do school.
Qn: Are you in a relationship?
Kvan: I'm not

Qn: Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
Kvan:As a musical trend setter world wide.

Qn: Can someone get rich from working on Music?
Kvan: So much...Its just a matter of hardwork,prayer and level of organisation 

Qn:What do you love most about being an artiste?
Kvan: Being an artist let's me paint my art pieces vocally. I need no other art gallery.

Qn: Who is your role model?
Kvan: Jesus

Qn: Do you have stalkers?
Kvan: I do have them.
Qn How do you deal with them?

Kvan:I treat them according to how they approach;be good to good ones and dont mind bad ones.

Qn: If you had to choose something else to do, what would it be?
Kvan: I'd never chose anything besides music.I'd rather keep alternating activities than let go.

Qn: What do you think sets you apart in an industry where everyone is doing the same thing? 
Kvan: Im unique.

Qn: How old are you? 
Kvan: Am 20 something

Qn: What challenges do you face in the industry?
Kvan: A bad picture was painted by our Ugandan music ancestors that music is for drug addicts and unemployed,especially if its not Kadongo kamu and this makes it hard for message to be passed in other ways.Because of this I face a challenge that the audience is broken into portions and my kind of music goes to an audience that can't afford to buy music online or pay for concerts and shows.

Qn:What advice would you give those who would love to pursue careers as artistes

Kvan: If your doing school,dont drop out for music.Keep writing and visualising yourself where you want to be and above all,PRAY.


Look out for KVAN on all social media platforms; facebook-KVAN
                   twitter      -KVAN
                   Instagram-Kvan music

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Secrets you didn’t know about Rema Namakula’s Father

Kasiano Wadri’s son narrates eye witness account

Eddy Kenzo shares his HIV status to disapprove critics

Read the exclusive speech of Barbie Kyagulanyi after meeting her hubby Bobi Wine

Zari's son Raphael Semwanga joins music industry

Ofwono Opondo’s daughter graduates in Poland